Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 08-26-2007
neophyte

Chris_C is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!! Can't get wireless adapter to work with Vista

Hi guys,

Im having a real big problem connecting to the internet atm with my pc. Ive got a belkin wireless adapter pci card FDB7000 or woteva its called. Its a version 6, it wont work with my vista home premium 32bit.

After checkin on website I downloaded new drivers and even ranklin drivers but still it will not find a network connection, its really starting to piss me off!!

Ive tried a wireless usb card Ive got to, but dont have drivers for it, vista recognises it as a MARVEL wireless adapter V.1.0.1.2 but have no drivers.

Im really starting to get annoyed with vista now as I cant get on internet with new PC, I can see now y alot of ppl were annoyed about vista compatability problems

Any ideas?
Old 08-26-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Question More details

Can you be more specific on your belkin card? I tried to find the model # you mentioned on their site to examine the drivers but it didnt exist. It is possible vista drivers arnt availible for it. Also, you say that it "will not find an internet connection"...does that mean you cant see any wireless networks (indicating you got the drivers working for the card) or that your card is not recognized by vista?
Old 08-26-2007
neophyte

Chris_C is on a distinguished road

Hi mate

yeh its a Belkin F5D7000 Wireless PCI Adapter, version 6
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/45622

On belkins website said it should run ok with cd drivers ,but downloaded updates and still cant connect

It does install fine and can load up connection screen but it just doesnt find a networks to connect to, so cant get onto the internet

Its really frustrating
Old 10-09-2007
neophyte

arwenchan is on a distinguished road