Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 10-29-2007
neophyte

lpollane is on a distinguished road
Default Vista Complete PC Backup

I am running Vista Ultimate.

When I try to do a complete PB backup, Windows displays the following mesage:

"The backup application could not start due to an internal error.

Server execution failed (0x80080005)

Please check your system configuration and try again."

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me regarding this configuration problem.
Old 10-30-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

This is often associated with virus or spy software you have installed. If you are using Zone alarm. or Norton, try turning off each in turn and then try the backup again.
Old 03-27-2008
Level 1 Member

vista_master is on a distinguished road

I once had the same problem. It seams that Vista is incompatible with many backup programs. I have finally found a compatible program for Vista that will make an image. I use "paragon drive backup" You can make an image in DVD's, a server or another hd.
Old 03-27-2008
Agent - Level 1

davehc is on a distinguished road

Another old posting m8. But out of interest, which backup programs have you experienced which do no work with Vista?
I am obliged to test such problems out for others, during my day. You input would be helpful. I have not found any (other than Vista Backup!!!) which do not work, other than those which are listed as definitely incompatible - some better than others.
Old 03-27-2008
Level 1 Member

The first computer I ever got had Vista and I have only made a quick research about it when I saw that "Norton Ghost" did not work on my Vista. Maybe it was an older version of Norton and it was not compatible with Vista. I also used another program but I can't remember the name of it. All I remember is that they did not work. Sorry if I cannot give you more information about them. Eventually I found "paragon drive backup" and it seams to be working fine.

By the way, sorry if I wrote to another old post. I just wanted to see what was the most common problems with Vista. I am making an info text file that shows all sorts of interesting things about Vista. It shows how to use Vista to its fullest and how to fix the most annoying and most common errors.
I really like your site, it has helped me find a few interesting things I did not know. Could you tell me what some of the most often asked questions are? It would help me a lot.

Oh, and don't worry, I have finished looking through the old posts. I will not reply to old posts anymore.

Last edited by vista_master; 03-27-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2008
Agent - Level 1

Well done M8.!
Your text file should make interesting reading.
I am whipping through my browsing at the moment - I promise I'll get back to you, re the common compalints - it's a long and interesting subject.
Old 03-29-2008
Agent - Level 1

My main interest is Vista. I dual boot with XP and sometimes have a look into various Linux products in order to comment.
But in Vista, there can be a problem for the genuine helper. I think one of the recurring requests for help is in the area of installation. Over and above others problems in this area, is that of installations stalling in the middle of the process.
This can occur due to faulty hardware, but, when the enquirer expands, it becomes obvious that it is an illegal (pirated) download. I stay clean, myself, but have no moral issues on this. Nevertheless, it is difficult to know how to help in these circumstances, except with a rude answer! (Which I avoid!!)
The same problem applies to several other areas, regarding such things as crippled OS's after updates - a deliberate action on the part of MS (and other distributers) In these cases, there can be, often, a remedy which will circumvent the problem.
The new security aspects of Vista are often the source of help enquiries. As an old XP user, I have little regard for the security in Vista, and uninstall most of it on initial installation of the OS. I have, since the beginning of MS Windows, always taken care of my own security, and will continue to do so. I confess, without embarrasment, that until my wife began operating independently on her own networked computer, about two years ago, I had never had an anti virus program installed!
Media (Music downloads, TV etc) cover a good proportion of requests for help. That is another area I stay clear of, as it is not one of my interests - I try to avoid commenting in posts other than discussions, unless I have something positive and helpful to contribute.
I would say that, finally, requests for help, in association with networking/lan operations are the next significant. Other than that, help requests - well - you name it - they come in all shapes and flavours!

Last edited by davehc; 03-30-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2008
Level 1 Member

I see what you mean. Different people have different problems since they do different things. There are all sorts of different problems people get; therefor everyone has different common problems. After two years of improving Vista, it seams that most of the programs that were incompatible with Vista are finally compatible. Most of the time, when I get an incompatible program I just look latest version of it, (2008) if possible. Most of the bugs and glitches have been fixed. The only reason why the program wouldn't install would be because of the version you have. Ex Vista ultimate-Home... or the 32bit or 64bit operating system... You just have to look at the programs description before you download it. It will tell you what version the program will run on. So many people don't like Vista, but it is not so bad. People said the same thing about XP when it had first came out. They wanted to downgrade there operating system. People need to be patient and sadly, that is a quality not many humans have.