Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 11-09-2007
neophyte

Jessem is on a distinguished road
Default Consistency Error- IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED!

I have a Massive assignment due on Monday, and my Vista was playing up so i tried Restarting... It WOULDNT Restart, (I had just previously ran Disk clean-up, Ad-ware and anti spyware, Norton and AVG programs like i usually do on a week-to-week basis. nothing was found but the average tracking cookie.) Ok... so i pressed the SHUT DOWN button in the start menu..

STILL NOTHING.. So im like omg your kidding, I held in the button on the machine so it turned off....

System-
Dell

ANYWAY-

I turned the computer on, Said RUN windows Normally.. Than this black screen thing comes up-

Windows needs to check your disk for Consistency, blah blah, Press any key to skip this.... -.- Keyboard wouldn't come on so i couldnt. Its been about 1 hour and its stuck on 3% I can't get past this.

Any help is EXTREMELY Appriciated.

Regards
Jessem.

Last edited by Jessem; 11-09-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Angry bummer

Did you try hard rebooting it after it froze at 3%? Was there other options besides "Boot windows normally"? like safe mode for instance? If so go into that and at least you should be able to get the file and copy it to a flash drive or something to put on another computer.
Old 11-09-2007
neophyte

Jessem is on a distinguished road

Tried Rebooting, everything.

I've skipped it once :S not sure how got to Welcome screen and it froze up again.

This is really annoying, My parents are very annoyed with me :s

(Got this computer just under 2 months ago for my birthday.)\

Edit: I tried in safe mode... same thing comes up and it just stops. I need help very fast.
Thanks for trying.
Old 11-12-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default If its brand new...

If its brand new its probably under warranty and support period still. Have you tried calling the manufacturer? Alot of systems come with on-site technician help.

Did you computer come with a "rescue" cd? If so you should try that as it will help you "revert" to a time that you settings were correct and working BUT will not effect your recently saved documents.

Lastly, if non of the above are options, there are steps you can take to recover the important items on your hard drive and then reinstall windows (hopeing this is a software problem, not a hardware problem). Let us know if the above 2 things arnt going to work and we can attempt to walk you down this final resucue path, but be fore warned it is a bit more involved...

Old 11-13-2007
Level 1 Member

blambe is on a distinguished road
Default Wont boot

Hold down the F8 key when you start your pc/boot and instead of Safe Mode select
Last Known Good configuration

Regards blambe