Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 01-22-2009
neophyte

Arguggi is on a distinguished road
Default Pc won't Shut Down

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with Vista lately, when I shut down my PC Vista shuts down correctly showing me the usual procedure, but when my monitor says "No video input" ( meaning Vista has shut down) my Computer is still on. Its quite annoying because I have to shut it down with the power button on the case every time. When it started acting like this I thought if i had installed any particular program, but I couldn't think of anything except that i did a Defrag and used Glary utilities or CCleaner (I don't remember which one) for my temporary Opera/FF/Internet Explorer files. So I tried to restore the system to a previous point but it didn't help. After I did a full Antivirus scan with: Kaspersky Online Antivirus Scanner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, hijackthis and even RootkitBuster. None of these softwares found anything. I really don't understand whats happening.

I have very few programs that open at startup ( Nvidia Drivers, Audio Drivers, ,Password program and obviously all of the usual vista services) no Antivirus and Vista built in Firewall.

I also have a Dual Boot With Ubuntu ( I'm not much of an expert, but I don't think Ubuntu could be causing this)

If specs could be useful just ask.

Thank you

Arguggi