Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 02-27-2010
neophyte

Bertie Buttons is on a distinguished road
Smile VISTA - How to speed up my pc

Hi - I am not completely computer illiterate but I have tried everything to speed up my pc. When I try to do anything now it takes forever - it never used to be this slow. Can anyone offer any info or advice to help me. I have a Dell Dimension DIMC521 with an AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 3600+ 1.90 Ghz. 1.00 gb RAM. 32-bit operationg system. Please there MUST be someone out there who could teach me a thing or two!!
Cheers,

Old 03-09-2010
neophyte

flynn is on a distinguished road
Default speed

Check out my post in this form. It may apply to you. Reducing the congestion in your RAM will speed up your system. Vista is a RAM hog. You can also install an additional RAM card (depends on your machine). You'll need to do some research on you machine to see if it is upgradable. It's not expensive. About $20 for the card, and if someone does it for you you'll have to pay them. It only takes a few minutes to do. Cleaning up the unnecessary RAM resident programs is the first option, as it is effective, and only takes your time, not money.

http://www.vistahelpforum.com/showthread.php?t=4088