Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 03-19-2008
neophyte

abrad99 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation BlueScreen Error - Please Help!

Hi. I've been getting this error for the past couple of weeks. The blue screen appears and then reboots my computer. I have removed recent program instalations and there has been no new hardware instalations. Windows updates are updated as well as the drivers. If someone could help me out, that would be great! Thanks.

Here is the print that is on the blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Starup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** stop: 0x000000D1 (0X00040019, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X90375F5B)

*** tcpip.sys - Address 90375F5b base at 9032E000, DateStamp 478ad415

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or techinical support group for further assistance.
Old 03-19-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Do you have any expansion (PCI) cards plugged into your mainboard?
Old 03-20-2008
neophyte

abrad99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
Do you have any expansion (PCI) cards plugged into your mainboard?
No, I don't think so. Where can I look to make sure?
Old 03-20-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

What type of computer you got? Store bought? If so, what is it?

There's not point in opening up your pc case if you don't know what you're looking at. Just let me know whatkind of pc it is and i'll see wht I can find to help.
Old 03-24-2008
Level 1 Member

vista_master is on a distinguished road

I have had the same problem. I don't know if it is due to the same cause, but it happened to me since I used a "timerstop". What a "timerstop" does is prevent the 30 day trial in vista from counting down. Now the reason why it crashes and makes the blue screen while booting is because the "timerstop" installs a file into the spsys.sys system file. Whenever you boot your computer the program has to stop kernel-mode timers. If the process fails to stop the kernel -mode timers while booting, the computer will crash and display the blue screen. You cannot do anything about it. It does not happen as often as it use to for me, but I noticed that it happened more often when I was getting the Vista updates. I think this is because while the updates install, they interfere with the "timerstop"

I know that the files causing the crash for you are different, but I hope what I said will help you better understand the cause for your annoying crash.

Last edited by vista_master; 03-25-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Email removed. Defeats the purpose of these forums.