Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum

Old 05-30-2008
neophyte

curtlawl is on a distinguished road
Default Microphone Problem

Ok, so i bought a new laptop today, everything working fine except when i try to use my microphone, it doesnt work. I play a lot of team games so i use teamspeak and such, but my microphone isnt working, in recording devices it says
"Line in"
"High Definition Audio Device"
"Working"
with a little green tick on it.
Is this my microphone?
Whenever i try to record anything i dont hear any sound when i play it back, iv tried changing the input option on teamspeak to line in and it still doesnt make a difference, on the property levels for the Line in device i have set it to full, still not working.

My microphone is part of a headset made by logitech, if it matters.
Any help appreciated, thanks.

My laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 btw.

EDIT : Im also running teamspeak as administrator.

EDIT 2 : http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=micprobev2.jpg
thats a pic of my recording tab in the sounds options, the playback tab has 2 speakers (even though i have a headset) and a HDMI output.
________
Maine dispensaries

Last edited by curtlawl; 03-04-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-30-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Did you run the installation disc that cam with the headset? And did it install without any problems? Or did you just plug them in?

The reason I ask is because that screen shot does not show any micorphones have been installed.

If you look at my screenshot below, you will notice there are two microphones installed. One is on my Sennheiser headset and the other is an internal microphone on my webcam.
You will notice that there is a green graph to the right of each device indicating that it's working ok.

And yes, you will need to run TS as admin otherwise you will have all sorts of problems when you're in game.

Try re/installing the headset. You should see a microphone listed in the recording devices as per my screenie.

Let me know how you go.
Old 05-31-2008
neophyte

I don't think my headset came with any installation CD's, would it be worth be going out to buy a newer headset that would probably have an installation CD?

Thanks for the reply btw.
________
Bmw R68

Last edited by curtlawl; 03-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

No problem. Happy to try and help.

Just how old is this headset?
Old 05-31-2008
neophyte

It doesn't look too old, but i think my step dad bought it from ebay, so its probably 2nd hand and thats why it didnt come with a CD :P. I'll go out later and buy a new headset and reply back in a bit on how it went.

EDIT : Iv found out that the model of the headset is a Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

EDIT 2 : I took the computer to a repair shop near me and they said that the sound drivers had been installed but were malfuctioning or something like that, anyway they just redownloaded the sound sigmatel drivers from dell and restarted laptop and now its working.

Thanks for the replies
________
Herbal vape

Last edited by curtlawl; 03-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.