Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 12-06-2008
neophyte

alison_1990 is on a distinguished road
Default cd/dvd drive just wont load! PLZ HELP!!

Hey everyone..

ive tried putting a cd and dvd in my drive but they dont seem to load! its gone from "my computer" and in the device manager its got no cd/dvd drive there! it only says disk drive and thats so called workin..

ive uploaded a picture of my device manager so u can see what im on about..

can somebody please help me!!

thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (76.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-08-2008
neophyte

bassfisher6522 is on a distinguished road

Are you installing a brand new cd/dvd drive into computer or adding a second device? Are you talking about the actual disc's themselves not being able to load. That is the cd/dvd tray will eject to load and unload discs. I suggest that you open your case and check connections of cables. If its not showing up at all in device manager that tells me its not connected. Make sure all cableing is connected and fully seated all the way in.
Old 12-13-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Certainly there are no optical drives shown in device manager, really at this point it would be useful to have a full spec. of your machine. If it was bought as a complete unit, just the make and model number will be fine.
Also can you do another screeny ? this time with the + next to disk drives and next to IDE ATA\ATAPI controllers and finally the one next to Storage controllers.
This will tell me a lot about how your machine is put together and which drivers are correctly installed, or not !