Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Malware Forum

Old 08-24-2009
neophyte

Artem is on a distinguished road
Default "windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, Or File"

Basically, when i try to open [s]many[/s] all of my files i get the error

I've searched google, but nothing has helped yet: however, this man gets exactly to my problem:

Quote:
First: Basically, I ran a program, and now all my .exe's give me the error of "cannot access the specified device...etc". ctrl + alt + del gives me a "Login process has failed to create security dialog." text files have invalid parameters. ctrl + shift + esc wont give me the task manager. normal run commands like "cmd" can't be found. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with kernel, and my drivers or whatever makes windows executing a task screw up.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-...-file-more.html

the person who replied to that with their solution didn't fixed anything/i was confused of what to do in general (e.g. the exe.reg file that was asked to be created didn't open due to the exact error that i have trouble with).

Moreover, sometimes when i restart my comp i get a
"interactive logon process initialization has failed",

meaning i can't log on, and can only start computer with safe mode

I can fix this problem with system repair, however after another restart it appears again...i think its linked to the "windows cannot access the specified device" problem.

Some files i CAN access. such as ie explorer, msn, notepad. But most are inaccessible and i'm practically idle...

WOndering if anybody can help me ?

(i know my explenation can be confusing, but feel free to ask qestions. also re-doing my whole computer is something that is the last option)