Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 03-26-2007
neophyte

madbuzrd is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Lost touchpad icon once vista installed

I'm having a problem finding the touchpad icon to shut it off. It was on the task bar before installing vista, now its gone. I've gotten no errors of any sort. Just can not find anywhere on the computer to shut it down. I right clicked on the task bar, go to toolbars and its suppose to be there where I can either active of deactive the touchpad but its not.

My system specs as follow:
Hardware setup: Dell Inspiron E1505 (vista capatible) lappy, core2 duo, 1.83gh, 1mg ram, 80g hd.

Version of Vista: Home Premium

Antivirus, firewall software: Mcafee, no firewall software installed.

I ordered the vista upgrade from dell and installed per instructions.

Old 03-26-2007
neophyte

madbuzrd is on a distinguished road

Problem Solved!!!

Someon had suggested: "The touchpad helper program is a separate machine specific thing, it doesn't come with Windows. See the Dell website for the program or touchpad drivers."

I headed over to:http://support.dell.com/support/down...&os=WLH&osl=EN Found the touchpad driver, installed, restarted and TADA!! its back.

So if anyone has this problem in the future.. check to see if you lost the drivers. Special thanks to Nodsu!!
Old 03-28-2007
Member - Class 1

Cleitus is on a distinguished road
Default "My Tappy Tap Doesn't Work"

I actually work on a computer for a woman who told me, "My tappy tap doesn't work." I simply reinstalled her driver from the manufactures web site, the whole time showing her that it was called a touchpad. She was happy and told her husband that I had fixed her "tappy tap".

I would install all of the latest drivers, firmware, and BIOS for Vista, minus the bloatware(i.e. Yahoo Music Jukebox). These might solve problems that could arise in the future. Check your hardware and make sure it matches the exact model for the update. I have seen touchpads that are very sensitive and don't work right without the synaptics process set to run at startup.