PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Website Develoment Software Suggestions? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Website Design

Old 01-19-2007
Level 2 Member

sbauer is on a distinguished road
Default Website Develoment Software Suggestions?

I am looking for a good website development software. I am interested in knowing what might be the best choice overall and what are good cheap options. I am looking for more of a "what you see, is what you get" type of software, since I have more expertise in graphics programs and less in code writing. I have had some experience with Dreamweaver, but I am wondering if there are any better (or cheaper) options out there.
Old 01-26-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

HTML is still the formating base for the web. I would suggest getting as familiar as possible with html instead of learning a particular html editor. I would start with text editor like notepad. Or if you use an editor pay close attention to the html it produces. In many cases this code os far from search engine optimized (SEO).
Old 02-19-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Question Free Design software

Along the same lines as the original question....I have been a long time user of Dreamweaver, and without a doubt this is probably one, if not the, best choice when it comes to programing dynamic web pages. But I just bought a new computer (and installed vista ultimate on it...) and dont want to pay for another copy (considering I just droped several G's on my new setup), does anyone have any suggestions on a free web programing IDE?
Old 09-19-2007
neophyte

mbenson111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcash11 View Post
Along the same lines as the original question....I have been a long time user of Dreamweaver, and without a doubt this is probably one, if not the, best choice when it comes to programing dynamic web pages. But I just bought a new computer (and installed vista ultimate on it...) and dont want to pay for another copy (considering I just droped several G's on my new setup), does anyone have any suggestions on a free web programing IDE?
Is Dreamweaver known to have issues on Vista? If it can't be used in compatibility mode, I would like to think that Macromedia would have a cheap upgrade solution for people in your situation.

Good luck, though.
Old 07-07-2010
Level 1 Member

Piglet1 is on a distinguished road

I know that this post and the replies after it are way old, but I guess
if no one answers then any1 else who comes here may be in the dark still.
Dreamweaver is definitely one of the best HTML editors if you are willing
to shell out your hard earned cash. On the other hand there are many free options out there. You dont have to spend any money and if you write your HTML doc and your CSS well you will still get a great result.

I personally recommend Coffee Cup free HTML editor. Do a Google search for the download but it should be available at freedownloadcenter etc..
Be sure to download the free version- it still creates professional looking web pages minus a few of the features that come with the brought version of the same program. If you do get the paid version it is mighty cheap in comparison
to Dreamweaver and other programs of the like.

Cheers
P.S- There is no need to be buying an expensive graphics program either!
You are able to get good results with free tools yet again. Try using Paint.Net getpaint.net for creating banners etc, and yes
you are able to import images and manipulate them using this software. If this doesnt suffice you can also
add Picasa to your program library by going to Google and pressing more- even more. Resize your images and much more all at no charge.

Last edited by michael; 01-12-2015 at 06:22 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 01-28-2011
neophyte

studioscoops is on a distinguished road

you might want to check xara 6.0 web designing software.
Old 03-02-2011
neophyte

Garth is on a distinguished road

Dreamweaver is the standard it seems. You could also build a site using WordPress. I have one site that I built with WordPress and I really like it. WP is open source, so there is plenty of support and plugins. I've also used one called RapidWeaver to build a site. For affiliate marketing and selling goods online, I prefer WordPress because of all the add-ons. You can probably get a better idea of how to build a Web site from reading internet marketing blogs.

Last edited by Garth; 04-11-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2012
neophyte

arunt is on a distinguished road

Adobe Dreamweaver is a good web development software.
Old 09-18-2012
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Dreamweaver is good and we use the Adobe Creative Suite, which is far too expensive. We haven't upgraded it since we bought it many, many years ago. They charge too much and now there is new photo editing software that is a fraction of the price that suits most needs. To upgrade Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium 3 costs almost $1,000 which is simply not needed.

I also don't like Adobe's copy protection. The last time they gave me a very hard time after my hard drive crashed. It was not fun. Good software though.