PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Big Vista Aero Problem On Windows Vista Ultimate!!! - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista Aero

Old 12-24-2007
neophyte

Adam539 is on a distinguished road
Default Big Vista Aero Problem On Windows Vista Ultimate!!!

OK SO BASICLY I INSTALLED THE WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE UPGRADE, EVERYTHING ELSE IS WORKING FINE I HAVE SOUND, I HAVE INTERNET, BUT WHAT I DONT HAVE IS AEROOOO!!!!! NO GLASS EFCTS!!!! TO TRANSPARENCY! NOT EVEN THE OPTION HERE IS WHAT I SEE I TOOK A SCREEN SHOT FOR YOU

Old 12-24-2007
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a2fbf1033.mspx

I have the right edition of Windows Vista, but I'm still not able to run Aero. What should I do?

•Check that your computer meets the minimum hardware requirements for running Aero:

•1-gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

•1 gigabyte (GB) of random access memory (RAM)

•128-megabyte (MB) graphics card

Aero also requires a DirectX 9 class graphics processor that supports a Windows Display Driver Model Driver, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, and 32 bits per pixel.

For best results, you might also want to follow these graphics processor recommendations:

•64 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution that is less than 1,310,720 pixels (for example, a 17–inch flat panel LCD monitor that has a 1280 × 1024 resolution)

•128 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels (for example, a 21.1–inch flat panel LCD monitor that has up to a 1600 × 1200 resolution)

•256 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution greater than 2,304,000 pixels (for example, a 30–inch wide-screen flat panel LCD monitor that has up to a 2560 × 1600 resolution)

My computer meets the minimum recommendations, but I'm still not getting Windows Aero. Is there anything else I can do?

Yes. Make sure that the color is set to 32 bit, the monitor refresh rate is higher than 10 hertz (Hz), the theme is set to Windows Vista, the color scheme is set to Windows Aero, and window frame transparency is on.

To set the color to 32 bit

1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

2. Under Colors, click* Highest (32 bit), and then click OK. (If you can't select 32 bit, check that your resolution is as high as possible, and then try again.)

To set the monitor refresh rate

Many monitors already have a minimum refresh rate (such as 60 Hz) that is adequate for running Aero. If your monitor can be set lower, be sure to use a rate higher than 10 Hz.

1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

2. Click Advanced Settings.

3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click a refresh rate that's higher than 10 Hz.

4. Click Apply. The monitor might take a moment to adjust. If you get a message asking if you want to keep the changes, click Yes. If you get this message and don't apply the changes within fifteen seconds, the refresh rate will revert back to your original setting.

5. Click OK.
NoteChanges to the refresh rate affect all users who log on to the computer.

To change the desktop theme to Windows Vista

1. Open Theme Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Theme.

2. In the Theme list, click Windows Vista, and then click OK.

To change the color scheme to Windows Aero

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Window Color and Appearance. If the Appearance Settings dialog box is not displayed, at the bottom of the page, click Open classic appearance properties.

2. In the Color scheme list, click Windows Aero, and then click OK.

To turn on window frame transparency

To turn on window frame transparency, the color scheme must first be set to Windows Aero.

1. Open Personalization by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Personalization.

2. Click Window Color and Appearance.

3. Select the Enable transparency check box.
NoteIf you see the Appearance Settings dialog box instead of the Window Color and Appearance window, the theme might not be set to Windows Vista, the color scheme might not be set to Windows Aero, or the computer might not meet the minimum hardware requirements for running Windows Aero.
Old 01-10-2008
Member - Class 2

HappyAndyK is on a distinguished road

See it this helps: copy-paste the following command in Vista Start Menus Search Box, and hit Enter.

rundll32.exe Dwmapi.dll,DwmEnableComposition

This will re-enable Aero by flushing it.