PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Icons labels and menu items disappeared - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista Aero

Old 10-11-2008
neophyte

magicwand is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Icons labels and menu items disappeared

I use Windows Vista Business from some month and I recently got a problem: some icons on my desktop have no more label; and some menu items also some items of start menu doesn't appear.

I tried changing theme and applying for example the classic windows theme; making so there is no problem and every label and item is present; so I think Vista Style Theme on my system is corrupt; is there any way to reinstall this theme without reinstall all the OS?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

If you right click the icon, does the label then appear ? and have you checked the icon settings in appearance properties.
There is not anyway to reinstall parts of the system that may have become corrupt, however the good news is that if you boot to the installation disk and select command mode, or console mode, issue the command 'sfc /scannow' without the '' but include the space after sfc, this command instructs the system to System File Check and replace any corrupt files, it can take a while but afterwards anything that was corrupt will be no longer.
Finally you can always do an 'in place install' basically install Vista again but in the same location as it already exists, none of your data files should be overwritten, but hey it's just a computer so back up everything in your documents and pics etc; and export your email settings and messages to somewhere safe just in case.