PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Need help with installing web cam - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 08-31-2009
neophyte

amberlina is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with installing web cam

Hi I have a vista x64 computer, Model #: s5114f

I have an aiptek Model # DZO-V58 digital camcorder that, on my old XP computer, I can also hook up to the computer and use it as a webcam. So far with my new vista computer, I haven't been able to get it to work.

The camera does work when I hook it up to transfer pictures on my computer. However, the webcam option won't work. The camera came with a CD that has a program (PMP DV) and a driver. I installed the driver, and did exactly what I would do on my old computer, but it always says that it cannot connect to the device. Also when I turn on the webcam option, it says the DV 8800 driver needs to be installed (which is the one i installed already on the CD..) and it always fails. It tells me to insert the CD with driver software is on, I do, and it says it can't find it. I select the 'look online' option, and again, it can't find it. I even went to the aiptek website and downloaded the 8800 driver and installed it. Still, it doesn't work.

I went to device manager and under "other devices" is the DV 8800 driver with a ! mark. I've gone to "update driver" and "scan for hardware changes", neither work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it about 10 times. When I go to properties, it says:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

When I click reinstall, it doesn't work either.

Is there anything else I could try, or is my web camera just not compatible with vista64? (I've had this happen a few times already, so I wouldn't be that surprised...)

Thanks