PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Installing another OS on a empty hardrive while on Vista? Help please! - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 09-25-2009
neophyte

IceManual is on a distinguished road
Default Installing another OS on a empty hardrive while on Vista? Help please!

Hello users and members of the Vista Help Forum.

I'm here today because I'm having trouble installing an OS onto my Vista laptop.
heres the details...

I got Windows XP Beast Edition on a cd, and I would like to install it onto the 2nd hardrive of my laptop that is currently Windows Vista occupied. How exactly do I go about installing an OS to a hardrive that has been formatted? (Note: I want to install it on an empty one, not the Vista occupied)

Any help is appreciated sirs and ladies.

Thank you
Old 10-07-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Use the XP installation disk and follow the instructions, just make sure you choose the 2nd drive and allow XP to do a full NTFS format, which it will offer to do by default. Once you have installed and you want presumably to create a dual bootable system you need to add the boot files from XP to the default primary boot drive, download a program called vistabootpro or BCDedit which explains how this is done easilly with a couple of clicks.

For future reference, if you install the older (XP) system first and the newest last, the boot menu will be automatically created and presented on the next boot with the choice of which system to boot to. Sadly it wont work the other way round.