PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Vista Audio drivers installed but only some programs play sound - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum » Vista Audio

Old 12-17-2009
neophyte

anonfigment is on a distinguished road
Default Vista Audio drivers installed but only some programs play sound

Hey guys, so I've been searching around for a while and have found some good hints to getting audio back up on vista but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I'm not sure if this is an unusual case but here goes: I have Dell XPS M1530 laptop running a 32-bit Vista Home Premium OS. I'm not a computer genius but I know enough to get by. One day while I was on my computer I noticed that my audio suddenly stopped working. I checked under device audio driver and it says the device is working properly. To be sure I went to the dell website and updated the SigmaTel High Def Audio Codec on my comp. Still nothing. Here's the weird thing; some programs run sound. For example, iTunes and VLC media player still work great on my computer but sounds from Windows Vista itself (ex start up, shut down, or the ding sound when you change the volume is gone) as well as windows media player and other programs just don't work anymore. I don't know what to do from here so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. Oh and I'm not sure if this is useful but I watch a lot of high def movies on here and use the ffdshow codec pack to do that.
I'm thinking maybe it's some file in System32 thats messed up?? i don't know too much about that though.. and the only major thing i remember doing to my computer when it happened was installing SolidWorks 09 on my comp which is just a program like autoCAD for designing things for school so I don't see how that could affect sound.

Last edited by anonfigment; 12-17-2009 at 06:50 PM.