PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Updating Bios only possible BEFORE installing windows???!!!? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 09-07-2010
neophyte

shahab_odin is on a distinguished road
Red face Updating Bios only possible BEFORE installing windows???!!!?

my bios is outdated.
I wanted to update it. so I went on the manufacturer's website for my model

but it says: "This BIOS update should be installed before upgrading to Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system.", which is making me worried to do the bios update as I already have upgraded to vista. (the laptop was shipped with xp on it)
I asked a computer techie and he said its nonsense and I should update it the normal way by flash memory at the boot time.
Any suggestions?
Also, what happens if I screw the bios setting at boot time.
do I have to install windows again or can my windows be restored ?