PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Spyware bites. - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows XP » Adware, Spyware, and Virus Removal

Old 01-04-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road
Default Spyware bites.

I am cleaning the malware that has borrowed into my brothers XP machine. I have remove a few infections like coolwebsearch, taskmng1, explorer1, ... but when logged into his personal account ( 2 users: admin, and a personal account) and hit CTL-ALT-DEL I get a message saying that the admin as diabled access to task manager. Is this malware, virii, or a crazy setting? And how do I fix or remove it?

Old 01-06-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default Only one option...

When something is that far gone it is a simple calculation of time it is going to take you to find and kill whatever is plaguing your bros comp and how long it would take you backup his My Documents folder and reformat with a fresh copy of XP. The computer is going to run so much better after that anyway that is almost certianly what you should do.
Old 01-06-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road
Default I think your are right.

You are right, not worth the time. I have it backed up already, now onto the re-install. I might even swap out his hardrive with a extra one i have collecting dust.
Old 09-03-2008
Level 1 Member

dude007 is on a distinguished road

Hi mate...I have had manyattacks with spywares,malwares or anything you name it...I am always used to format my hard drive when something suspicious happens in my pc not until i found a free spyware program named spybot search and destroy...It is a real good freeware which wipes out any adware,malware,etc completely from your hard drive...my strong advice is that give this software a try before you decide to format your hard drive...
Old 09-03-2008
Level 1 Member

VistaGeek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
CTL-ALT-DEL I get a message saying that the admin as diabled access to task manager
I have had to "battle" this issue a few times as well. Basically the spyware/adware/virus has compromised your computer and somehow disabled this feature.

You can try going into your local group policies to fix but for me this one was one that caused me to reload my PC.

After I reloaded, I did make a image of my hard drive just in case. (tough lesson to learn!)

Hope this helps!

Peace, VistaGeek