PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
New Hosts?? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Website Design » Hosting

Old 01-05-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Question New Hosts??

Ok, so Im a IT department head and after our busy q4 we have decided that we dont like our host and would like to change (lots of reasons but specifics are irrelavent). We have several domains and a company wide backend running with our old host as well as a fairly large database (+1gig, 100tables) running on a old dual PIII, older FreeBSD, older PHP, MySQL, Apache. I want to change hosts as well as get a top of the line new dedicated server with latest Linux/LAMP setup. So my question to everyone is once I decide on a new host and new server, how do I best go about transfering everything? The more I think about it the more complex it gets. Suggestions?

Old 01-05-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

I would got the co-locate route if you want to have absolute control over your server's software and hardware. This would also let you run your own dns so you could host with limitations (ie. domains, db_tables, scripts, you get the idea). If you want a more managed solution what would include auto-backup, downtime response, software upgrades (ie php, mysql) I would go with a dedicated or VPS solution from a major host like rackspace.com or the like.