PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Black screen with blinking cursor - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista Aero

Old 10-12-2008
neophyte

ff7lord127 is on a distinguished road
Default Black screen with blinking cursor

I've had this problem for a few weeks now. It happened after I reset my computer to factory settings, the first time I restarted it, it booted normally. The second time, it did this. I've had my computer for about a year, and I don't have a Windows CD/DVD or a recovery disk. I was going to try an email to Microsoft support, but their words of wisdom costs $60 for a simple email, and I can think of better things to do with $60...

----------------------

Specs: Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Core2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Vista 32 Bit
G31/G33 Series onboard 128MB graphics card

----------------------
The first time:

When I restart my computer, I get the Dell logo, and the F2 for Setup, and F12 for boot options. Then when it proceeds from there, I get a black screen with a blinking little white _ at the top, and nothing happens from there. So I then turned my computer off. (I don't know if it matters, but I only had to press the power button once, not hold it like you have to to turn it off manually). So, I started it again, it got to the logo, and I pressed F12 to get to the boot menu, I went to my hard drive, and hit enter. It booted correctly.

The second time:

I had to restart it again. I got to the Dell logo like usual, it proceeded, and I got the black screen with the cursor, so I restarted it, and booted from my disk manually, as described above. This time, I was given the "Your computer was unable to start" message, along with the following options: "Run Startup Repair (Recommended)", and "Start Windows normally." I chose to run startup repair. It found no errors, so I rebooted my computer. I went through the F12 thing again, and choosing my hard disc worked this time.

---------------------
Installed programs:
---------------------

7zip
AIM Pro
A squared Free
Audacity
AVG Free 8.0
Gimp
Firefox
Nero 8 Lite
RPG Maker XP