PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Looking for a good website host. - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Website Design » Hosting

Old 01-08-2007
Level 2 Member

sbauer is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a good website host.

I am looking for a good website hosting service. The typical site I would be looking to have hosted would be primarily like a graphic artist portfolio site. So they would have lots of images, possibly some animation and video and contact info. The sites wouldn't have a ton of daily traffic, but some of the files could be large downloads (i.e. full resolution images or compressed video). If any one has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited by sbauer; 01-09-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

I have numerous accounts with 4 different hosts. Of these, I would recommend site5 for a ton of transfer bandwidth and storage. But my new favorite is sitegound. They have responded and resolved every ticket I have submitted within minutes. They also have a very reasonable plans.

Last edited by cpearson; 01-09-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Cool Depending on what your looking for...

Sounds like to start with a budget solution will work fine (like the above mentioned site5). On the other hand if your looking for a long term reliable deal I would go with a large well known host such as iPower. With larger hosts you know there are large data centers that are staffed 24/7 and secure, and also very reliable because they are watched over by NOCs (network operations centers) because of the large amount of sites they host (because if they went down a large portion of the internet would be unreachable...and we cant have that). Siteground boasts 40,000 web sites while iPower boasts 700,000 web sites hosted...not bad mouthing smaller hosts, just saying larger hosts have more experiance.

Last edited by tcash11; 01-09-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2007
Level 2 Member

sbauer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.