PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

In deep trouble - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 01-06-2009
neophyte

Crankshaft is on a distinguished road
Default In deep trouble

I guess the best place to start is to tell you what I have done to get myself in this mess. I wanted to try the new beta of Windows 7 on my computer so I thought I would do a complete PC backup of my system before doing anything else. I did the backup to an exturnal USB hard drive and it completed successfully and the file was 108Gb. in size. I also did another backup but this time just of the picture, music, etc. files. This also completed without incident. After playing with Windows 7 for about a week, I thought I would try and restore my pictures, music files to see what they look like on the new OS. This is when things went wrong. The 108 Gb and 6.7 Gb backup files shrunk to 33.5Gb without any input from me. Now when I try to restore and on the files, all I get is folders without anything in them. I really need to get my pictures and documents back or else I'm in deep doo-doo. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-07-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

This is always a problem with Beta software, in this case the as yet non public released version that found it's way onto torrent sites is not even Beta code, it's post Alpha but still pre Beta and you use those things at your own risk.
I have not even considered trying this yet, despite the dubious legality of doing so aside, I am part of MS public beta program, which is how I know the code you have got is not even a releasable Beta. I spend most of my surfing time trying to help others with PC troubles, however in this case I do not know enough about the OS yet to be able to advise, when a properly formatted public Beta is release, could be this month I hope, I will take time to have alook at how things work, or don't and maybe able to offer help to anyone who has lawfully acquired a copy of it (which wont be very many people).
Regret to say at the moment you are on your own with this one, it's part of the fun (not) of running Beta systems, which I have a machine to use just for that purpose, I would never comtemplate running it on this, my daily use machine.
Old 01-07-2009
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

My suggestion would be to format the drive and do a fresh install of Vista from your installation disk (assuming you have one).
And then try and retrieve some info from the backup you made.

My next suggestion would be to buy a separate hard drive for running dodgy versions of Beta Operating Systems.