PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

How can I stop XP auto populating authentication box with computername - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows XP » XP Help Forum

Old 03-07-2009
neophyte

mobr71 is on a distinguished road
Default How can I stop XP auto populating authentication box with computername

Hi,

Basically I am trying to set my home Outlook 2007 to my works MS exchage server.

I can connect to it through IE with an https connection which is ok but a bit limited.

When I set Outlook to autodiscover settings for my work mail everything runs smoothly to start. It finds the settings confirms if i wish to accept the security certificate but the prob starts when it asks for my username and password as it keeps automatically putting my PC's hostname before my username. I have tried removing the hostname but this doesnt seem an option as the PC has to be called something. I though I would be sneaky by giving the PC the works username but still no joy.

Incidently I've also tried setting it up manually but the same issue occurs it automaticly puts my computername before my username.

There must be a way to stop XP auto populating the user/password box mith the PC's name

Screensot attached

Sorry I removed the link, it led to the upload page and not a specfic image, if you check yout URL for it you can post by editing this post. CyclicThis is driving me crazy so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mo

Last edited by cyclic; 03-08-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

It has to place the puters name before the user or it wouldn't be able to find the correct domain. It wil help if you can get the pic posted.
Did you know you can upload a shot from your PC to here directly and it will attatch to the current post ?
Old 03-09-2009
neophyte

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have now attached 2 screenshots (properly)

The first shows successful authentication when accessing remote mail through an HTTPS connection and uscuccessfull via Outlook due to the compurname automatically being added to my username.

The second shows the same unsuccessfull authentication in full screen

regards,

Mo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outlook4.jpg (13.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg outlook2007.jpg (19.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-12-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

I don't suppose there are any other names in the drop down list is there ?

(I'm still on thinking time here, it's one of those I know the answer is easy but just can't there yet).
Old 03-12-2009
neophyte

Once again thanks for looking at this.

No the drop down box is empty.

One of the guys at work is studying for his MCSE and suggested a fiddle with the registry but no joy.

I'vs attached the instructions I used.

Cheers,

Mo
Attached Files
File Type: txt try this but be craeful.txt (2.4 KB, 0 views)