PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

No administrator account - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 04-13-2009
neophyte

David is on a distinguished road
Default No administrator account

I changed the name to an administrative account call David to Big Brother. I created another standard account called David. After logging off, I can no longer see Big Brother. I can't access any user-control related options, and am given a "permission denied" error however I try to make an administrator account visible. At the login screen I see only David, the standard account. Vista says you should be able to enter an administrator password or something to enable something, and I set the administrator password to be empty, so that could be the problem, but I have no idea.

Please tell me how to log on to an administrator account! I can't access my files! I have a vista recovery CD, but no activation CD.

Please help asap! Need answers urgently!

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

. To set the Administrator’s password via the Command Prompt follow these steps:

1.Click Start and type CMD.

2.Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the command Prompt with Administrative rights.

3.You can also right-click the CMD icon and select “Run as Administrator”.

4.If you have UAC enabled then you will be prompted to accept the action.

5.At the prompt in the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

Net user administrator myPa$$w0rd12

Note:
The above action will set the Administrator’s password to “myPa$$w0rd12”, you may select any password you want.

Step 2 – Activating the Administrator’s account

To activate the Administrator’s password follow these steps:
  1. Click Start and type CMD.

2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the command Prompt with Administrative rights.

3. You can also right-click the CMD icon and select “Run as Administrator”.

4. If you have UAC enabled you will be prompted to accept the action.

5. At the prompt in the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Net user administrator /active:yes

Log off of your user account and you will see the Administrator account on the Welcome screen.

You can now logon as the default Administrator account.

Note that now you can also view this account in Control Panel.

Video Tutorial for this @

Youtube (choose HQ and full screen version)
&
Rapidshare (high quality Mov file (download using free service))

Last edited by luckypunq; 04-14-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2009
neophyte

Default Thank you for attempting to help....

But I think it's obvious you didn't actually read through my entire post. I explicitly said that I do not have access to any administrative accounts, and can not figure out how to make either the default or the one I made appear at the login screen.. I have only access to a standard account, which is not an administrator account.

What you posted was the very first thing I've tried, and I've exhausted several other methods, such as going into the registry editor.

Please help me get onto an administrator account!!!

In case you still don't understand my problem:

I can not see any administrator accounts, and as far as I can tell, I can't change this without administrator rights. catch 22.
Old 04-14-2009
Agent - Level 3

!! don`t shoot at the messenger it ain`t my fault your system is hosed !!

right click mycomputer icon

select manage

open the local users and groups

right click administrator

select properties

uncheck disable account

type a password if asked

log out

and open windows using

administrator.

Last edited by luckypunq; 04-14-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2009
neophyte

Default Can't figure out where local user groups is?...

I couldn't find this local users groups thing...
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...e6ba49b5870170
this is what I managed to open so far.

Please include more detailed instructions and pictures.

I am extremely grateful for your help!

Thank you very much!

Please reply soon!

~David
Old 04-17-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

The first answer you were given was technically accurate, clear and would do what you wanted.
Far from the poster not understanding the problem and trying to help you, he did help and provided detailed information on how to proceed.
If you did not understand the information you would have been expected to ask for more detail, rather than flame the person giving you help.

I think in future you should accept any help offered with a little more humility rather than rudeness.

On this occasion I will take no action but any repeat lack of repect to fellow members will render you an infraction. limiting your use of these forums until it is lifted.

People here try to help, difficult enough over the interenet, if you cannot think of anything positive to say I suggest you don't post until you do have.
Old 04-17-2009
neophyte

Default I'm sorry...

I didn't mean to flame, and I didn't insult the poster or anything explicitly rude. But he suggested I try to run something with administrator rights, which makes no sense, give that I already said I didn't have access to any administrator accounts. both his methods required this, and my problem is not that I only have access to one administrator account, but that I have access to none of them. when I try to activate them in any way, I get an access denied error.

the second answer gave a completely novel method, which did not include running anything with administrator privleges.

I could have said "OMG YOU STUPID IDIOT", but I didn't. I said that I thought it was obvious he didn't read my entire post. That's exactly what I think. Because had he, he would have realized I can't run anything with administrative privileges.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody, but I didn't "flame". I explained why the post wasn't helpful. If I did so without enough thankfulness or appreciation, then I apologize. I'm extremely grateful that you're all trying to help me.

I did not, as you wrote, understand the second answer. this is why I said so and explained what I did and asked a specific question

I admit that I was indeed a little rude, and I apologize for that, but I really need to get access to my files, and I couldn't find any answers on google.

Again, my apologies, and I hope you can still answer my question.
Old 04-17-2009
Agent - Level 3

Ok, there are ways, and there are means. We have exhausted all of the Vista options.

Plan B is to download UBUNTU 8.10 (live distro) and burn it to a cd, boot up the computer with it in the DvD and press f8 and boot from the cd drive.

DO NOT ...i repeat do not choose the install option, choose the live option (1). When the computer OS (login =user / password = user) has started, navigate to Places (top left) your hard drive will be mounted as Hda0, click that and go to Users, and then find your account in that directory. Insert a flash drive into the computer (ubuntu will automount it) and copy and paste all your data to the flash drive. If you have an external hard-drive do the same. (ps flash needs to be formated FAT32). Get all your data off the hard drive then reboot (take out the live disk and replace with the vista install disk).

The limitations of Vista tools to recover admin privileges is not my ignorance, rather that Microsoft has patched all the "security holes"; and now if you lose admin status, and do not have the password. Or some part of the OS malfunctions (or more likely functions correctly and the user is at fault), and you are unable to access admin (using any of the above methods) there is nothing to be done.

You will have to re-install, if you want a fully functioning Vista. I used to use Sysinternals ERD Commander to reset the admin password in XP, but it does not work in vista and since Microsoft bought out the company there has been no, and never will be, a Vista edition.

You should realize that some of us run our systems day to day with none of these issues ever cropping up, and our ability to help is not limited so much by not having the correct answers. Indeed with google, and MSDN and a plethora of search engines and forums on the web; solving a problem often boils down to just asking the right questions, in an understandable way. This is a combination of experience, knowledge, and a willingness to experiment and fail.

I help you out of selfish reasons really. To be honest I almost never have problems running my computers, hardware or software. The only chance I get to stretch my knowledge, and improve my skills is my helping folk like you who seem to inexplicably suffer "random" issues that have no origin with the user, but always with the operating system.

Good day..

Last edited by luckypunq; 04-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2009
neophyte

Default Luckypunq...

I have the password to the admin accounts, but they aren't showing
I may have done something stupid along the way, but I am extremely grateful for your help. I'm going to run through every other possibility before resorting to completely reinstalling Vista.

is there some way to create a disk that will boot you into the default administrator account or something?

Once I get Vista working again, I want to make sure that just in case this ever happens again, I have a last resort.

I appreciate how much you're going out of your way to help me out here, and I'm extremely grateful. Thank you so much for explaining this all to me, and I'll update you guys on my situation ASAP!

Thanks!!

Old 04-18-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

You can make an account recovery disk in the Admins panel, also there is also a not commonly known, hidden Admin account, which can be helpful if you cannot gain entry otherwise.

This page should give you some pointers and there is a section about 'auto admin logon' which is good if your 'puter is in a private, safe environment.