PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Changing account type - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 04-19-2009
neophyte

BigKahunaFL is on a distinguished road
Default Changing account type

I tried searching for an answer to this but came up empty. Maybe I didn't use the correct search term.

So here's the situation.

My youngest daughter received a new laptop for Christmas and since she was to be the only user, she was given the top level user (administrator). We have since decided that we really do need to control her access. I know, DUH!

Anyway, what I would like to do is to somehow change her account to a regular user and add myself as the administrator so I can implement some parental controls. Is there any way I can do this without losing all of her data, settings and such? Maybe without her even knowing I did this? (her mother and I don't want her to think we don't trust her because we do. We just want to protect her from some of the EVIL out there).

Any advise you can give me is GREATLY APPRECIATE!

Old 04-19-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

Make another account using your daughters account.

go

start ==> settings ==> control panel ==> user accounts

select manage another account

then make an another account called Mom and Dad (or some such)

make that account an administrator (using change the account type)

and give it a password.

then select your daughters account and make it limited

using change the account type

that should be it.

Your daughter will probably notice the change I am afraid, but by and large your daughters interface and settings will hardly be effected.

You may also want to look and see whether or not the hidden administrator account is password protected.

Right click Computer icon (desktop ) and select manage

Then select users and groups the from dropdown select Users

Right click administrator and select properties and Enable account

When the computer next boots up the administrator account will show at the login screen.

Set a password using user accounts as above

Last edited by luckypunq; 04-19-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2009
neophyte

BigKahunaFL is on a distinguished road

Yep! That did it! Of course it was too simple for ME to figure out!

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!
Old 04-21-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

No problem it is a pleasure to help solve problems. Do not worry about it being a "simple" matter, we are all somewhere on the learning curve.