PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Vista cant find IMG.exe or path for system32\cmd.exe - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 04-27-2009
neophyte

rwertheim is on a distinguished road
Default Vista cant find IMG.exe or path for system32\cmd.exe

Vista Home Premium problem
For days now, on rebooting 2 windows appear on the desktop. One window is titled: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe. In the window (on a blackground) the message is:The system cannot find the path specified. The 2nd window (overlapping the first) is titled: IMG.exe. In the window is a white X on a red circle, and the message: "Windows cannot find 'IMG.exe'. Make sure you typed name correctly, and then try again." Computer functioning is generally deteriorating. In particular, internet connection is unstable. Please advise. I know nothing about any of this: nothing about the "path" or "name" or where to type it

Old 04-28-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

Do you have an antivirus, trojan scanner installed? If so the IMG.exe file may have been deleted as a worm/malware. In that case the active part of the malware is running a process that tries reload the bad code from IMG.exe at boot-time. If I were you I would run Malwarebytes and your antivirus product in safe-mode (reboot and press F8 repeatedly until the menu appears). If performance is still bad download and install Hijackthis and send the logfile generated report from the scan to one of the forums that have experience identifying malware from those reports. Or post it here and I will give it a once over to see if anything looks wrong.
Old 04-28-2009
neophyte

Thanx much. In addition to the firewall and other anti-malware programs that come w Vista (Windows Defender, Windows KB890), I have the NOD32 anti-virus, and Spybot. I regularly run scans. All the programs appear to be running properly and none report any problems they havent fixed. I will try the programs you mention and report back to you.
Old 04-28-2009
neophyte

Malwarebytes found and cured one infection. That had no effect on my problem: the 2 windows still appear w rebooting. Attached is the Hijackthis report. I will submit it to SecurityCadets but I'm too busy right now to go thru all their procedures. If you think some other forum would be better, let me know
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis 4-28-09.txt (6.8 KB, 2 views)