PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Acer Aspire 5920 laptop unable to reinstall Vista - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 06-07-2009
neophyte

davidg35 is on a distinguished road
Default Acer Aspire 5920 laptop unable to reinstall Vista

The hard drive was replaced. I partitioned the new hard drive into 2 drives outside of the laptop. I reinstalled the Vista with the recovery CDs that came with the laptop. I get to the very end of the entire process where it says to remove the CD and reboot. When it reboots I get the error message,
PXE-E61: Media Test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found
I've tried a couple times with the same results. In the bios I have the HDD set as the first boot device. I pulled the HDD and it shows everything is loaded on the first drive.
Please help!
David

Old 09-23-2009
neophyte

shumonsaha is on a distinguished road
Default Same problem -got complicated

I had the same problem but my windows was booting. tried to tackle it by changing the boot order to cd drive first and network last... got complicated.... now i cannot install vista at all. I get a message saying Failed to create a new partition on the selected unused space - error 0x8004240f

my comp is dead.. anyone help please...
Old 10-28-2009
neophyte

Edward1437 is on a distinguished road
Default My Aspire and Vista Story

My Acer Aspire worked fine until I downloaded a service pack, then the thing refused to boot at all. I called the Acer Tech Support and was told that Vista would not work with an AMD processor so don't try to install the service pack. I got it back to a restore point with that emergency windows thingy and it worked well without SP1 until 1 day after the warranty ended when the motherboard died.