PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Reinstalling Vista over XP - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Installation Forum

Old 02-22-2010
neophyte

Birdie_Piu_Piu is on a distinguished road
Default Reinstalling Vista over XP

Hullo!
I have a Dell that should have had a default Vista operating system, but it came however with an XP. I do have the Vista Reinstallation DVD and the drivers and utilities CD. My question is: can I use this REinstallation DVD to switch to Vista without screwing up my computer? I have a linguistic formation, so this "re" in the reinstallation keeps me from the switching to Vista business, as obviously my Dell has only seen an XP operating system and never a Vista, so how can I reinstall it, if it's never been there in the first place. I might be just hanging on a to an unimportant technicality!
I just need someone to assure me it's perfectly fine.
Thank you ever so much!