PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Icon making help! - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Multimedia & Graphics

Old 03-16-2010
neophyte

fawa88 is on a distinguished road
Default Icon making help!

I'm having a huge problem with creating icons. I want to convert my png/jpg/bmp type files to .ico files for my windows desktop. I've tried various online converters, freewares and software. When I download pre-made .ico icons they work just fine, but when I convert images to icons, they are at extremely poor quality and small sizes.

I'm not sure if it is my computer, or what? At first, I converted a ready-made PNG icon at www.converticon.com, and it worked perfectly, so I decided to create my own and spent a few hours, I did do something while I was creating it - I locked my computer, and pressed "print screen" to capture the icon on the screen but it didn't work, instead it captured my desktop, so I just continued doing whatever I was working on. After I completed my icon (it was the correct size and format as well, all ready to go), I go over to www.converticon.com, upload it, and it comes out like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/9zy8fl.jpg

Small, and poor quality. I thought perhaps I had done something wrong with the file size, so I tested it out with the previous ready-made PNG icon I had done before, and it did the same thing - small, and poor quality. Now whenever I try to make icons on a program, it does the same thing. I even converted my custom made icon on my other computer, it was fine over there, sent it to this computer, and ended up looking like the same old small crappy icon.

I'm not sure if something is wrong with my computer...I've tested it again by downloading a pre-made icon in .ico format, and put it on my desktop, and it turned out fine, so I'm not sure if it is my computer, or the programs/software.

I would really appreciate some help, if anyone needs any clarification, please let me know...I'm getting really frustrated!

Old 03-17-2010
neophyte

fawa88 is on a distinguished road

bump bump bump bump