PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Disable Data Executive Protection for Thief: Deadly Shadows? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 11-14-2011
myesq

Default Disable Data Executive Protection for Thief: Deadly Shadows?

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and I tried to play Thief 3 on it. It gives me a Data Execution Prevention (DEP). I looked deeper into the issue and I found out I could disable DEP with a simple phrase on Command Prompt: "bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff" (Minus the quotes if you enter it on Command Prompt.) Usually on the screen shots I was using as a reference it was a successful operation. However, whenever I try to enter it on my command prompt, I get this message: "The boot configuration data store could not be opened." "Access is denied". I even tried to isolate on what DEP should leave as an exception, but it tells me that "this program needs to run with DEP enabled, you cannot turn off DEP for this program." Can anyone help me with this issue? I REALLY want to play Thief: Deadly Shadows, but this Data Execution Prevention crap is really frustrating. Thanks!