PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Unwanted page popping up - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Malware Forum

Old 09-12-2007
neophyte

Granny is on a distinguished road
Default Unwanted page popping up

Hi I hope someone here can help me.

Whenever I am typing on a forum such as this or playing an online game I am relentlessly bombarded with the same page popping up all the time.

This is the page:

This is the URL of the page: http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk

It is really really getting on my nerves.

Can anyone tell me how I can stop it.

I can't find anything in my pc that referrs to Yahoo for me to delete.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-12-2007
Level 2 Member

johngreenwood is on a distinguished road

Have you already tried running antivirus/spyware/adware scans?
Also, have you ever had anything to do with Yahoo! on the computer?

I can suggest for you another browser though, check out Firefox, it's much better than IE, and heavily customisable.
Old 09-13-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

If you have no Yahoo gear in you Program/uninstall list, try going into (IE Menu) Tools/Internet Options. Under "Browsing history" click delete and then "Delete all". You may have a bad cookie lurking there.
Old 09-13-2007
neophyte

Quote:
Have you already tried running antivirus/spyware/adware scans?
No, but I have got Norton and AVG on my machine. Can you you reccomend a free one ! or Do I HAVE to spend money to get a good one.

Quote:
If you have no Yahoo gear in you Program/uninstall list, try going into (IE Menu) Tools/Internet Options. Under "Browsing history" click delete and then "Delete all".
Many thanks, I have just tried that but I have had four popups just while writing this small post.

I have never had anything to do with Yahoo, so I fail to see why it would be on my machine at all.

I can't find anything to do with Yahoo, no matter what kind of search I do.

Puzzling, and extremely frustrating, especially when playing online games !

Thanks for your help.
Granny
Old 09-13-2007
Level 2 Member

johngreenwood is on a distinguished road

Hmm, that is very strange indeed.

Free stuff:
For a free antivirus you can check out clamwin, it's a free antivirus for Windows, and the virus database is updated frequently, but gives no active protection. I think you should be Ok with what you have though.

For spyware there is SpyBot Search & Destroy I use it regularly and have no probs with it.

Adware, check out Ad-Aware, Lavasoft do a free version, but I don't think you get active protection with the free one. It does do it's job though, as with all security-related products, scan regularly.

Another tool you may want to look into is HijackThis, this program gives you a log which you can give to someone who knows what they are looking at, or just googling the stuff you don't understand.
Old 09-13-2007
Agent - Level 3

Old 09-13-2007
neophyte

OK guys I think Spybot search and destroy has got rid of the probl

I'll start again Spybot search and destroy has not got rid of the problem because it is happening again 3 times while I have been writing this.

I have now tried Norton (Which I bought Today), Ad-Aware, Trend-Micro and Spybot.

All to no avail.

Here are some screenshots, one during a game I play online (Enemy Territory) and one taken after I finished and closed down the game.

Do you think it would be best to just use the recovery disks that I made when I bought the PC ?

I can't think of any thing else to do or try.

P.S there are now 8 yahoo pages waiting for me to close, and that's just while I've been typing this !

Many thanks for your efforts.
Old 09-13-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

I moved your thread to this forum because it seemed a little more appropiate.

My advice:

Uninstall ALL toolbars, and any Yahoo entries in Add/Remove Programs
Run Avast boot time scan
Run CCleaner
Install FireFox

Also you might check if this happens in safe mode.
Old 09-15-2007
neophyte

You'll like this.

I have tried everything suggested here and more.

I have now converted to firefox and the Yahoo page has stopped popping up completely.

But now I'm getting this instead:

I have followed the instructions on that page but they don't work.

I will wait for any new advice here before reformatting, then it will have to be a sledgehammer I think !

Got to laugh !

By the way, the url in the screenshot is:
http://pavilion.buttonredirect.hp.co...en/config1.htm

I have a strange feeling that this may have started after I did a Hewlett Packard Update. (Every piece of hardware I have is Hewlett Packard)

Maybe that will give someone an idea.

Cheers
Granny
Old 09-16-2007
Agent - Level 3

You are sure having a bad time with browsing!!
Just to be certain, you have configured your Firefox homepage?
If you are not accustomed to Firefox, it is worth going through the Tools/Options carefully. I would also recommend Adblock plus as an add-on.