PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Currency Gadget out of date - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista Gadgets

Old 10-19-2007
neophyte

AusVista is on a distinguished road
Default Currency Gadget out of date

Hello all.

I've got an interesting problem with the currency sidebar gadget. For the past 2 months now it hasn't updated the exchange rates. Its stuck on the data of roughly half way through August. I'm particularly interested in the US-Australian dollar exchange rate. Right now it should be showing roughly 1.10AUD for 1USD, but its showing 1.25. The strange thing is its only affected my user account, as I've seen on another account that it has the up to date exchange rate.
Is there anything I can do to refresh the info, or reset the gadget? I've looked around but it seems like I'm the only one with this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-25-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default Uninstall and reinstall

your best bet is to Uninstall (in your gadget gallery right click on it and uninstall), then redownload it from the live gallery and reinstall it. If that doesnt work let us know...you may need to delete some files in the windows sidebar gadget directory that contain some persistant settings.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2007
neophyte

OK I've uninstalled the gadget, but since it came with Vista its not available on the Live gallery. Can someone please upload the .gadget file for me?
Old 10-27-2007
Agent - Level 2

Default restore gadgets

See here how to restore the original vista gadgets.
Old 10-27-2007
neophyte

Nope still no good. Its still showing the wrong data.
Old 10-29-2007
Agent - Level 2

Default Ok, one more thing to try

Ok open this path in a windows explorer window C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Wi ndows Sidebar\Gadgets and delete the currencyConverter.gadget (not sure if thats the exact name) folder and then do the restore. This will get rid of your persistant settings that the gadget may have.
Old 11-01-2007
neophyte

habnix is on a distinguished road

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s Sidebar\Gadgets only contains gadgets that were installed by the user, not those that came with Windows Vista.
BTW - I have the same problem - USD - EUR Exchange rate is still at 1,32 when it should be 1,45
Old 03-24-2009
neophyte

andrec is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same problem. The Currency gadget is stuck with old values.
All other gadgets retrieve web data fine. It works on other user accounts on same PC.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?
Old 03-24-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

The gadget should have a reference to the creator for changes\updates, you should be able to get some info. from them directly.
Old 03-24-2009
neophyte

andrec is on a distinguished road

It is the default Currency gadget, included with Vista.