Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 09-11-2010
neophyte

tiggyrocs is on a distinguished road
Default Windows Explorer Crashing

I've been having this problem since about Thursday, where whenever I load up Windows, the explorer crashes.

I can get up to the login screen and type in my password. When it comes to the desktop screen, whenever I try and click on anything, I get a message saying that 'Windows Explorer is Not Responding'.

I've run Auslogics Disk Defragmenter, CCleaner, normal system clean-up and uninstalled malware software and software that has caused problems in the past, and yet nothing seems to be working. I attempted a System Restore, but I apparently have no Restore Points.

When I turn my laptop (Advent K100 that I've had for almost 3 years) a line appears along the bottom of the screen, as if where the start bar would be and remains there throughout set-up, if that's an additional problem.

I reallyyy would like to avoid having to do a total restore...I don't think I have enough memory sticks to put all my files on!!

I'm running Vista Home Premium, if that's any help. And I'm currently running my laptop on Safe Mode with Networking, which is how I've run the cleaners etc.

Any help would be really appreciated
(Also, I'm 17, so instructions in layman's terms would also be great )

Last edited by tiggyrocs; 09-11-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Missing info