PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Remote Assistance - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 06-21-2010
neophyte

davidg47 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote Assistance

My wife is currently in another country and will not be back for several weeks. While in that country, she somehow got a nasty virus in her laptop. I talked her through the cleaning of the virus via phone, but now she needs to reload the drivers for the web cam built into the laptop. Since she is so nervous about doing anything technical, I told her I would try to find out if there is a way I can log into her machine remotely and install the drivers for her.

So, my questions is: Is there a way I can log in remotely to her machine and take control of her computer so I can check it first and then load the drivers for her again? She is running Windows Vista Home and I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. She does have an internet connection, just no web cam. She and my son wanted to log on yesterday using the web cam, but it would not work. I talked her through downloading the drivers from the manufacturers web site, but that's as far as I could get her to go.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Old 06-27-2010
Level 1 Member

Piglet1 is on a distinguished road

You are both using Windows, you are both running Vista- you need to type remote in the start search feature (Windows start button). Choose the Windows Remote Assistance option and have a read through the help section. It will explain your options for your wife to allow you access to her computer through a remote connection.
If you follow the instructions you will be able to do whatever you like with her computer and it works either way- she can invite you or you can request access. (Dont quote me on this as I dont use Windows Remote Assistance- I use another remote access program- but either way- she can invite you at the least)
Good luck