PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Vista does not obey my close lid behavior settings. - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum » Vista Video

Old 05-13-2009
neophyte

Alexus is on a distinguished road
Question Vista does not obey my close lid behavior settings.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on an Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop. I have a second display (26" Panasonic TX-26LXD70A) connected by VGA, which I frequently use to watch video stored on my PC on. In most cases, this means that I close the lid on my laptop while I'm watching video, and therefore my close lid behavior is set to 'Do nothing' so that the Panasonic stays on.

As of 9 May, whenever I close the lid, the computer goes to sleep, despite the fact that the 'Do nothing' setting remains selected. There was a Vista update on 8 May and I thought this might be the origin of the problem, but rollback didn't accomplish anything. My display driver, an nVidia GeForce 8600M GT, just had its software updated yesterday, and this hasn't helped the problem either, nor have either of the two Vista updates after 8 May.

Additionally, I have tried simply changing the close the lid settings to 'Sleep', restarting, changing back to 'Do nothing', and restarting. This didn't solve the problem either.

I have not made any significant changes to my system other than those listed above, and I see no reason why the problem should suddenly have presented, since the lid closing behavior worked fine previously. Any help would be appreciated.