PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Norton Antivirus won't run after a system restore - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Malware Forum

Old 12-12-2010
neophyte

card_ace is on a distinguished road
Default Norton Antivirus won't run after a system restore

alright so here's the story. I was trying to update a different OS (ubuntu 9.10) and i downloaded a few files using a Vista machine. after that i just switched the internet over the my ubuntu computer and went online that way. when I switched the cables back, we began having problems with the vista machine. it wouldn't shut down, it would just sit there saying "Shutting Down" and never change. If we let it go into sleep mode then it wouldn't come back on and it could only be turned off by holding the power button. I tried to run a Norton scan and it didn't do anything, just sat there for 10 minutes saying 0 items scanned. So then we went to safe mode and ran a scan and it removed 5 tracking cookies. Booted back into normal mode and it could now shut down fine, and the sleep mode problem appeared to be fixed, but if it sat for too long then it still wouldn't turn back on. So then yesterday we tried to do a system restore to the 7th. The first two times we tried it in normal mode and it failed, but the third time I did it in safe mode and it worked fine. It seems like the sleep mode problem and the shutdown problem are both solved, but now Norton's doesn't work. It doesn't turn on when you click on the icon, nothing shows up in the taskbar, and the windows security center reads that it isn't turned on and gives me an option to turn it on, but then when you click on it nothing happens.

This is my parents computer and we really need to get this fixed. We would prefer to only do a fresh reinstall as a last resort as we have limited internet usage and can't download all the updates again. So any solutions would be helpful. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2010
neophyte

card_ace is on a distinguished road

problem solved. we reinstalled the norton internet security and now everything works fine
Old 01-18-2011
neophyte

maljap is on a distinguished road

I also had the problem some time back. At first it was a virus breach, and I scanned the system several times and nothing popped up. I even tried a new antivirus as well. The problem is with compatibility issue, because vista won’t be working properly while ubutu is downloaded. Once vista detects the ubutu file, it crashes itself.

Last edited by maljap; 01-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.