Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » General Vista Discussion

Old 03-19-2008
Agent - Level 1

davehc is on a distinguished road

[quote=tcash11;3184]

UPDATE: Here is an update on the releases. Sounds like technet, beta testers, etc already have or will soon have sp1 [quote]
Well, I do have the official version, released through the partnership program.
If you have been keeping your official Microsft updates running, then you could be in for a slight disappointment as SP1 does include all of those. Howvere (I think the situation varies from computer to computer) There is still about 200 mbs of extra stuff in the SP1. What it does, in depth, I am not totally clear on.
Performance wise, I could detect no real difference, but I am assured by MS that my installation is now more stable. As my pre SPi installation was 100% stable, I cannot grasp this concept!
There are several little label/text changes, which beta testers have pointed out, such as, for example, the ability, now, to choose which portion of you Computer hard disks you wish to defrag. I did feel that it was performing quite a bit sharper on the internet. But this depends so much on other factors, such as how busy you ISP, or the vistited sites are, at the time, that it was difficult to judge.
However, having said that, I still (maybe stupidly) have faith in Microsoft. If they say it is a good thing, I am postive that there are improvements "under the hood"
Old 03-25-2008
neophyte

JOHAN is on a distinguished road
Default SP1 review

Hi there, I am also running SP1 now and I also had my updates running since I had Vista, I must say that its the most stable OS that I ever had, one other difference after installing Sp 1 is that I saw that at the Welcome center where I had 4 gig of ram installed in my pc vista only showed about 3.33 gig, now its is showing 4 gig of ram, I wonder if that is where the performance boost is coming from. i did see a slight increased of speed in my pc. I still get a performance point of 5.4, that hasn't increased.
AMD 6000
AM2 gigabyte mb
4 gig ram
8800 gt oc