Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » General Vista Discussion

Old 11-01-2008
neophyte

Battery is on a distinguished road
Question is this possible..?

i don't know if this is a totally retarded idea or not, it just kinda popped into my head when i was checkin out what power plan was selected, but is there anyway of gettin my laptop (gateway p-7811 fx) to, when you change the power plan to 'High performace' to play the crysis, "maximum strength" sound and have the screen flash red a bit.. ya know like in crysis..
i'd also be cool if i could change the name of the option from 'high performance' to maximum strenght.

thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Not retarded at all, a good idea if a little impractical. Those things are do-able if you have access to the OS source code and MS's authority to reverse engineer their system, unfortunately they don't give either away.

What would be good would be if they wrote a Crysis theme which you switch to, incorporating your ideas.
Old 11-01-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
Not retarded at all, a good idea if a little impractical. Those things are do-able if you have access to the OS source code and MS's authority to reverse engineer their system, unfortunately they don't give either away.

What would be good would be if they wrote a Crysis theme which you switch to, incorporating your ideas.
Of course, if Microsoft did start making themes such as these, they would no doubt come at a co$t.
Old 11-01-2008
neophyte

Battery is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
Of course, if Microsoft did start making themes such as these, they would no doubt come at a co$t.
is there any way of tweaking it like, for example, changing the boot screen and login screen. does anyone know where the files for the battery life indicator are? i would assume changing the text would be easy, but the other things would probably require a home brew app to run on click which would probably be hard to shimmy in.

i doubt M$ would ever bother making a crysis theme, and its not so much that i want a crysis theme, but just the power option, and maybe the cursor - though i dont really remember what it looks like.
Old 11-02-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

There is an application called Tune-Up Utilities which allows you to change the boot screen and the login screen.

Tune-Up Utilities is not free.