Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » General Vista Discussion

Old 03-09-2009
neophyte

needsomehelp is on a distinguished road
Default vista Drop Down menu

When you go to your hard drive, there is a address bar on top...much like in a web browser. My question is how does someone clear the toolbar. I have a long list under here and want to clean it up, but I have not found a way to delete the list.
Old 03-10-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I must confess having no idea what you mean, can you take a screenshot of this, or tell me how to get to what you are looking at ?

If it is a list of previously visited files\folders you may be able to remove those by editing the MRU list in the registry, if however, it's the trail left by the indexing service, you're stuck with it unless you turn indexing off, which is a very bad idea.
Old 03-10-2009
neophyte

Default I hope this is more clear

Let me try to explain my problem better.

When I open my computer or the control panel...there is at the top of the page a bar that tells me where I am. It looks like a web address bar but it is for the computer. I can simply type in where I want to go on my hard drive and it will go right there....for example C:\user\John Smith\app data\roaming\documents

I can even type in a website and it will open mozilla for me and go to the website. Maybe this is not vista...maybe it is HP...but I assume it is a Vista feature. I just find it odd there is no easy way to delete the list or reset the list. I hope this helps...
Old 03-11-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Ok yes thanks for that, it is the MRU list from previously visited places. You can edit the registry to get rid of MRU's (most recently used) but there are various locations for them, dotted throughout the registry, however thankfully there does exist free software to do this job for you, completely safely. MRU Blaster is what you want, the link takes you to majorgeeks sownload oage for it, if it's on majorgeeks it's been tried and tested and certified free of any nasties, so download with confidence and get rid of those MRU's.
Old 03-11-2009
neophyte

thank you cyclic....that program did the trick