Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 06-12-2007
neophyte

jeepontherun is on a distinguished road
Unhappy CD from XP not readable on Vista

I burned many (over 50) CDs using roxio CD burner with XP OS. Bought new HP with Vista preinstalled. When I try to view images from any of these CDs, I get the name of the file saying the file is empty. When checking properties of the cd drive I see the data as used space on the disk. But when I open the folder I get folder is empty. Spent 4 hours yesterday and 3 hours today talking to HP help untill RON told me it's a compatibility problem and it took me 30 minutes for him to admit the problem was with Vista. He said I should burn the CDs using Vista and then I could open them. Duh , Ron, how do I load them on Vista to burn them on Vista. Namaste Ron. Does anybody have any help. I have downloaded Klitecodecs, DVD firm software fix and deleted all filters from the Reg with no luck. Thanks Doug
Old 06-12-2007
neophyte

HeWhoWas is on a distinguished road

If you still have your XP computer as well as the new HP, I'd suggest burning CD's with Nero. You can download a free trial, and I've just moved from XP to vista, and haven't had any issues reading any of the CD's or DVD's I've burnt off.