Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 04-23-2007
neophyte

mendosaprime is on a distinguished road
Default Vista does not recongise previous XP Slave HDD

hello, i recentely installed did a clean install of vista on a previous XP system, everything has gone amazingly well expect for one major thing, my previous slave drive which has alll my media files on it is not being read by vista at all. Ive been into computer mangement and tried to revive the disk from there to no avail. The only opitons i get are "convert to basic disk," "properties" and "help". Ive been into command prompt and tried activiating the disk from their to no avail as it states the disk as "invaild."

i could appericate any help in this matter, cheers

btw, the drive is a 2 year old maxtor 6L300S0, its smaller brother currently is my master drive. appolgies too for the large image resoultion i run the comp on a 26" LCD