Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » General Vista Discussion

Old 08-04-2011
myesq

Default New installation of Vista from Recovery drive

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion-DV5 laptop that came with windows vista..... It has 2 drives C and D. Drive C has windows and all the other stuff and D is a recovery drive with almost 8 GB of data in it. I am new to recovery and stuff and I know its possible to reinstall the windows but I want something else.......

I want to install windows 7 in my C drive after FORMATTING drive C (not drive D of course....) and I want to keep the vista recovery option as that is afterall ORIGINAL windows..... Is there any way to do that? I mean what if I install windows 7 and when I want my windows vista back, is there any way to install it from recovery drive??

Regards