Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 09-26-2007
neophyte

Duke Of Nowhere is on a distinguished road
Angry Toolbars ruined in Vista! (Much better in XP) Very angry!

Am I the only one? Maybe it's just my computer or something. I'm hoping that's the case. Anyway, you know the toolbars you can have in your taskbar? (EX: Quick Launch, Desktop, etc.) In XP you could drag your toolbars anywhere on the screen. If you added a new toolbar and called it "games" or whatever, you could then click and drag that toolbar to the left, right, up, down, or center and it would re-position. It isn't letting me do this in Vista! I really want to organize my stuff in separate menus, but it's now all confined to the taskbar at the bottom! I can't move them! I can only re-size the taskbar. And I don't want a taskbar at the bottom of my desktop nearly 2 inches thick full of toolbars and little icons. Is there any way to move your toolbars to another side of the screen like before in XP? Some option or something? *stressed out*

Old 09-26-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default Sidebar and Gadgets

Not an answer to your question of if its still possible to do xp style toolbars, but have you tried using the Sidebar and a multitude of gadgets to accomplish "quicklaunch" type stuff? Might be a change from the toolbar route but once you get used to it, there is so many useful and feature-full gadgets I would imagine you could create a nice efficient environment for youself again.