Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 11-23-2007
neophyte

Unshake is on a distinguished road
Default Wireless problem

I've had a problem that began just a few weeks ago with connecting to any wireless network. I frequently travel and use many wireless networks.

So basically, whenever I open up the "Connect to a network" Or "view network status and tasks" from the start menu or control panel the window freezes and I cannot connect. My wired internet works fine. So the "connect to a network" or "view network status and tasks" window freezes (sometimes says Network and sharing". Eventually if I let it sit for about 15 minutes it becomes unfrozen and I am able to connect to a network. When the window is frozen, I cannot close it, move it or anything. Just sits there blank.

First, I have no viruses, no junk on my computer. I'm pretty computer literate and have searched for answer a few times. Also, it is not a problem with my computer as I have a pretty high end laptop (3 gigs of ram, T7500, geforce 8600m gt) so I know it isnt a problem with my computer being slow. So far the only thing I have tried is installing new drivers for my wireless card.

Any ideas?

I am trying to avoid doing a restore ...